How addicted are Millennials to their mobile devices? Here are some stats:
- 50 percent post reviews or research businesses on their smartphones.
- 74 percent say the technology makes their lives easier
- 54 percent say technology keeps them closer to family and friends
- More than 50 percent of tablet owners are Millennials
- 80 percent sleep with their phones next to their beds
- 60 percent like the convenience of using a smartphone or tablet to research a product on the go.
This generation, more than others, also has an unwavering need to check with others before acting and to give others their feedback. Seventy percent of Millennials say their friends’ approval is very important to them; 55 percent share their negative experiences online.
On average, 61 percent of Millennials say they rate products or services online, either on review sites such as Yelp or on social media. Nearly a quarter seek opinions on social media before making purchases.
Find Out More About Appealing to the Millennial Generation
Complete the form below to download . This free eBook discusses what Gen-Y is looking for in a hospitality experience and how to tap into millennials’ extensive buying power.