LRS, LLC Privacy Notice
Last Updated Aug 14 2018
Long Range Systems, LLC (“LRS” or “We”) is committed to respecting your privacy and recognizes the need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information you share with us, including, but not limited to your name, email address, contact information, and automatically-generated data about your use of our websites (collectively, your “Personal Data”). In order to provide you with information about our products and services or provide you those products and/or grant access to those services (collectively “Service”), we will collect, use, store, and disclose your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If you choose to provide us with your Personal Data through our websites, including www.lrsus.com, www.pager.net, or other LRS operated sites (“Websites”) and/or through documents provided during your initial account setup and at any point thereafter, we may transfer your Personal Data within LRS (its parent company and/or any subsidiaries) or to third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
To protect your privacy, we comply with the following privacy principles:
- Accountability for Onward Transfer
- Data Integrity & Purpose Limitation
- Recourse, Enforcement & Liability
Acceptance of these Terms
Information Collection and Use
You may access and browse our Website without disclosing any Personal Data. However, if you want to access LRS’s Services, LRS requests that you voluntarily supply it with Personal Data. We collect and use your Personal Data as follows:
- Registration information– When you sign up or use our Services, we ask for your personal information so that we can provide you with our Services. If you are a customer purchasing a product or service online using our Services, you may be required to provide your name and billing information, such as a credit or debit card number, card expiration date, card verification code (CVV), bank account number, address, and credentials to access the Website, such as a username/password and/or email address.
- Information obtained from third parties– In order to protect you from fraud or other misconduct, we may obtain information about you from third parties to verify the information you provide. For example, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your credit or debit card information and address match the information that you provided to us.
- Transaction information– When you use our Services to purchase a product or service online, we collect information about each transaction, including the transaction amount, a description of the goods or services being purchased, your name, username/password and the payment information.
- Log information– When you use our Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications– When you send e-mail or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
LRS is the sole owner of the information collected. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to third parties, except as set forth in this Privacy Notice. We may use any of your Personal Data to send you product updates, promotional materials or advertisements unless you have specifically requested that we do not.
We ensure that your Personal Data will not be disclosed to anyone other than:
- LRS’s payment processors in order to process a payment and provide our Services to you;
- Our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- Companies that we may merge with or be acquired by. (Should such a combination occur, we will require that the new entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your Personal Data. If your Personal Data could be used contrary to this Privacy Notice, you will receive prior notice.);
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when (a) we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure; (b) we need to do so to comply with law; or (c) we believe in good faith that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our agreement(s);
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Data from you only where:
- We have your consent to do so;
- We need Personal Data for the performance of a contract with you;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your fundamental privacy rights; or
- We have a legal obligation to collect Personal Data from you.
“Legitimate interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience. For example: We have a legitimate interest in keeping our network secure. Our legitimate interests extend to your safety: for example, we may process your Personal Data to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website. We process Personal Data for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- To enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers;
- To identify and prevent fraud; and
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems.
When processing your Personal Data for our legitimate interests, we take steps to consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights (both positive and negative) under relevant data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests—we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted by law). If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests. You may also revoke your consent at any time and for any reason. For more information on your rights, please see “Your Rights” section below.
You may choose whether or not to provide Personal Data to us. If you choose not to provide the Personal Data we request, you can still visit most of the LRS Websites, but you will be unable to access certain features or purchasing certain types of products and services. You will be unable to purchase a product or service online, setup an account with us and/or use any of our other paid Services. If you choose to have a relationship with us, such as a contractual or other business relationship, you will be required to provide Personal Data in connection with such relationship.
Accountability for Onward Transfer
When we transfer Personal Data to a third party we will ensure that our agreement with the third party provides protection for your Personal Data at least as robust as described in this Privacy Notice. For example, we will require that your Personal Data may only be processed for limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent you provided and that the third party will provide the same level of reasonable protection as required by law and will notify us if it determines that it can no longer meet this obligation.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Personal Data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. LRS utilizes HTTP Secure (HTTPS) and/or Transport Layer Security (TLS) when receiving and transmitting information electronically.
We protect Personal Data by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities by applying the principle of least privilege.
Nonetheless, because the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee security, visitors and subscribers should consider all Personal Data, communications, and information provided to LRS to be non-confidential, and consequently, we assume no responsibility or liability if any information relating to any visitor or subscriber is intercepted and/or used by an unintended recipient.
Data Integrity & Purpose Limitation
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information that we collect is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use and purpose which may include those that reasonably serve payment processing, customer relations, compliance and legal considerations, auditing, security and fraud prevention, preserving or defending our legal rights or other reasonable uses in this context.
You may send updates and corrections about your Personal Data to email@example.com we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in your Personal Data that we hold as soon as practicable. We will retain your Personal Data only for as long as it is necessary for purposes as identified above.
You may inquire about your Personal Data being held by LRS by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgUpon meeting certain security measures, LRS shall provide you with a copy of the Personal Data that it keeps about you. Prior to completing your request, LRS may require that you provide us with certain items as a proof of your identity. LRS reserves the right to refuse a request where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy or where the rights of persons other than You would be violated.
Recourse, Enforcement & Liability
In compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles, we are committed to investigate and expeditiously resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Data. LRS uses the self-assessment method of verification of compliance and is subject to the enforcement authority of the US Federal Trade Commission.
European Union and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice should first contact us at email@example.com post at LRS, LLC, Attn: Chief Privacy Officer, 1150 Kas Drive, Ste 150, Richardson, Texas, USA.
You have the following data protection rights:
- You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org order to access, correct, delete or update your Personal Data in our records. We will answer every email as promptly as possible.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your Personal Data, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Data or request portability of your Personal Data. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Data on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent, such as when we process Personal Data necessary for the performance of a contract or when we act in our legitimate interests.
- We may use automated decision making in processing your Personal Data for some services and products. You can request a manual review of the accuracy of an automated decision if you are unhappy with it.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that processing of your Personal Data relates to the infringement of any laws and regulations. For more information, please review Recourse, Enforcement & Liability section above.
- If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LRS uses web cookies on some portions of LRS’s Websites. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on our Websites. LRS does not collect any personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
We have no access to information collected by third parties’ cookies and third parties have no access to information collected by ours.
Any websites displayed to you by our Websites as Internet search results or linked to Internet search results pages provided to you by our Websites have been developed by third parties over which LRS exercises no control. Such websites may send their own cookies to end users, collect data, or solicit personal information from you. LRS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such websites’ use of any information collected when you are directed to or click through to such websites. Even though such information might not identify you personally, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of those websites.
We retain Personal Data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
LRS does not request, or knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. LRS does not give children the ability to post messages or otherwise distribute information about themselves through our Website or through any other means.
We may update or amend this Privacy Notice from time to time, to comply with law or to meet our changing business or legal requirements. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. Any updates or amendments will be posted on our Website. By continuing to access our Website, your access and use will be subject to these updates and amendments.